GPL License with clause for Web use?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Wed Nov 21 13:11:21 UTC 2007

Alex Hudson <home at alexhudson.com> writes:
> This sounds a really trolly question, so I apologise in advance :) How
> do you square freedom zero with your previous statement about
> restricting public use to those people willing to distribute source?

*You* can use AGPL'd code for any purpose, but making it available for
others to use is not *you* using it for a purpose, so it's not a freedom
zero issue.

The practice of "making it available for others to use" is more similar to
"giving copies to others", which the GPL has always attached requirements
to.

no?

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ Support Free Software and GNU/Linux