GPL License with clause for Web use?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Wed Nov 21 12:28:57 UTC 2007

Sam Liddicott <sam at liddicott.com> writes:
> And therefore you can't mix GPL with AGPL; because if you move to AGPL you
> add additional requirements to the GPL'd code which is forbidden by the
> GPL.

Section 13 of GPLv3 prevents this problem:

  13. Use with the GNU Affero General Public License.

  Notwithstanding any other provision of this License, you have permission
  to link or combine any covered work with a work licensed under version 3
  of the GNU Affero General Public License into a single combined work, and
  to convey the resulting work. The terms of this License will continue to
  apply to the part which is the covered work, but the special requirements
  of the GNU Affero General Public License, section 13, concerning
  interaction through a network will apply to the combination as such.

> [...] the GFDL mess.

The upcoming version of the GFDL is still being drafted.  Please submit
comments - including negative ones there (in addition to here, if you like;
I'm not trying to push criticism off this list).

http://gplv3.fsf.org/doclic-dd1-guide.html

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ Support Free Software and GNU/Linux
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \     Join FSFE's Fellowship: