FSFE Events (was: Re: STACS event in London)

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Mon Nov 19 19:39:13 UTC 2007

* MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> [2007-11-19 19:18:43 +0000]:

> Matthias Kirschner <mk at fsfe.org> wrote:
> > * Jonas Oberg <oberg at fsfeurope.org> [2007-11-19 17:12:03 +0100]:
> > > Thank you for that suggestion! Indeed, since the last newsletter, we're
> > > actually including the events we know about in the newsletter before
> > > they actually happen :)
> >
> > You can also subscribe to the RSS feeds for events:
> > http://www.fsfeurope.org/events/events.en.rss
>
> That's fine for people who want to know about events but not news, but
> surely the RSS feeds for events should just be unnecessary duplication
> for newsletter subscribers?

The newsletter is only written monthly. So in some cases it could happen
that we do not know about an event at the time the newsletter is
written, and it is already over if the next newsletter is written.

So the RSS feed could also be good for people already subscribed to the
newsletter, who want to receive a note about new events ASAP.

Best wishes,
Matthias

PS: Some Fellows proposed to have an iCal calendar with our events, so you
    can include it in your calendar application. Do you also think it makes
    sense?

--
Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) []         (http://fsfeurope.org)
Join the Fellowship of FSFE!         [][][]       (http://fsfe.org/join)