GPL License with clause for Web use?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Mon Nov 19 15:10:41 UTC 2007

edA-qa mort-ora-y <eda-qa at disemia.com> writes:
> I am looking for a license that is like the GPL, but also includes any
> form of embedded web use (server side, or flash-like client side) as a
> form of distribution.

You've come at the right time!

As mentioned earlier, the GNU Affero GPL is currently being drafted and the
2nd draft has just gone online.  If you have comments about what the licence
should say, you can submit them online (javascript required, IICR) or by
email:

http://gplv3.fsf.org/agplv3-dd2-guide.html

> I looked at the Alfero GPL, though I'm not entirely sure that is exactly
> what I mean (seciont 2d is not clearly what I mean, I think).

Maybe the draft of the upcoming version is clearer, or maybe you can help
tell FSF what it should say or where it's unclear.

> Is there such a license in common use?

Not in common use, no.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ Support Free Software and GNU/Linux