Anyone know about supposedly free software DRM?

Stefano Maffulli stef at zoomata.com
Fri Nov 16 15:20:03 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 15:05 +0000, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> Stefano Maffulli <stef at zoomata.com> writes:
> > AFAIK the only one that works and is maintained is here:
> >
> > http://www.dmpf.org/
>
> The website's a bit of a mess and I can't see an explanation of how they
> plan to make it work.

It's a tactic. They seem to say: if you don't understand then you're too
dumb to be take seriously; we OTOH know exactly what we are doing.

Look for "use case" and start reading those documents to get your feet
wet (on http://www.dmpf.org/open/index.html)

> So, what's their current technique?  Do they withhold some of the source
> code?

They won't say that explicitly, you have to force them to admit it in
public.  I succeeded having such admission, but only in private
conversations. By looking at the blog I mentioned earlier, they are
getting ready for another phase of push, adding tpm in this round.
/stef