Relevance of this post? Re: Jonathan Parr presentswww.libeldefense.com

David Picón Álvarez eleuteri at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 2 14:32:04 UTC 2007

From: "simo" <simo.sorce at xsec.it>
> Captcha on subscribe, it's becoming necessary :(

Joy. Captchas as usually realized are evil. They cannot be solved by blind
people, and make it difficult for people using text browsers. Sound captchas
(much rarer) still can have issues for the deaf and people without sound
hardware. Captchas based on some kind of logical puzzle would be fine, but I
suspect bots could end up learning the answers to them, since such puzzles
are very difficult to generate automatically, and so you end up having to
recycle them often. I suggest that something like HashCash or some form of
PKI is going to have to be the solution.

--David.

---AV & Spam Filtering by M+Guardian - Risk Free Email (TM)---