[Fwd: Re: sad treacherous computing day]

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Thu May 10 12:46:17 UTC 2007

On 10-May-2007, Patrick Ohnewein wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2007 14:46 schrieb arc:
> > The main point is:
> > if we use a tc device, are we contributing to legitimate the use of
> > those devices?
>
> I think the main point is, are we able to fight against a new
> technology? Can we prevent its introduction and use?

The fight against DRM technology is going surprisingly well. The
issues are becoming understandable and known by people I would never
have expected to care about the issues.

I don't see why we can't gain similar exposure of the threats of
treacherous computing -- but *only* if we make our actions match our
words, and reject it as clearly and consistently as we reject DRM.

--
 \           "Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor."  -- |
  `\                                                   Elizabeth Tudor |