sad treacherous computing day

Anastasios Hatzis ah at hatzis.de
Mon May 7 14:19:28 UTC 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 16:07, simo wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 15:52 +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
[...]
> >    Do you leave your machine passwordless with all files set to 777 ?
> >
> > I actually do.
>
> Your choice of how to use a technology, you are allowed to because you
> are in control of the password database and the access control api to
> change access control on files. Exactly the same can be for TC and DRM.
> It is just a matter of who controls the technology, no more, no less.
>
> Simo.

In fact, I think the most usual case with DRM/TC is that the technology is
controlled by some-one else than the user, speak: hardware manufacturer,
software vendor, music label, film studio ...?

I don't understand how DRM/TC compares to passwords. No user is loosing
control of passwords if buying product foo.

Best regards,
Anastasios