GPLv3 discussion draft 3 is out

Guido Serra guido.serra at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:13:32 UTC 2007

Il giorno 28/mar/07, alle ore 23:42, Ciaran O'Riordan ha scritto:

> For anyone who didn't notice, GPLv3 dd3 is out:
> http://gplv3.fsf.org/gpl3-dd3-guide

hi Ciaran,
i have read it quickly... i got a problem...

today i was discussing with an other professionist i'm working with,
we do not want make big money, but just find a way to live working
on freesoftware based solutions

we are not redhat, we are not ubuntu, we are not in the united states
where you can ask big money for embedded linux solutions or custom
enterprise installations

we where thinking of... ok... let's develop that... no, a competitor
can copy it,
it has more commercial power than you and you lost months of work...

ok, let's do services... no, you cannot ask so much money for each
day of work
... so making services is not "scalable"

so?

freesoftware makes sense only if i make the hardware and i give the
software for free?

how can i maintain myself? how can i make a company on freesoftware
without violating GPL

i do not want to force you to change GPL, but think that there are
people out here that are not university students or professors that
get payed anyway at the end of the month...

if i develop a livecd, should i give away my toolchain? packages
source code is not enough?

gpl3 is going to enforce this problem?

--
Guido Serra aka Zeph