New project: STACS

Jonas Oberg oberg at fsfeurope.org
Wed Mar 28 11:22:30 UTC 2007

Hi all,

this week we're launching a new project called STACS - Science,
Technology and Civil Society. It's coordinated by the Association pour
la création d'une Fondation Sciences Citoyennes in France, and aside
from the FSFE, it also involves five other partners with various
backgrounds from France, Germany, Belgium and United Kingdom.

The idea with the project is to bring civil society closer to research
and to get some sort of societal relevance to the research projects
worked upon. The FSFE is participating in the project to bring knowledge
of Free Software to both researchers and civil society. We'll organise a
 training session on Free Software for civil society, and a workshop
that will link researchers and civil society together.

If anyone is interested in this project, I would encourage you to first
look at the web page I just created for it:

  http://fsfeurope.org/projects/stacs/

And then get in touch with me if you have questions or want to help out.
Separately, I also created a web page for the SELF project that I've
written about before:

  http://fsfeurope.org/projects/self/

Of course, another way to help right now is to also sign up for the
Fellowship which has also been previously mentioned here many times :-)
Remember though that to participate in the Raffle you have to sign up by
the 1st of april:

  http://www.fsfe.org/en/fellows/raffle/2007/raffle_2007

--
Jonas Öberg
Free Software Foundation Europe			( Join the Fellowship )