GPLv3 explanatory articles

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Mon Mar 19 20:02:12 UTC 2007

I've started writing a few articles about GPLv3.  I'm hoping these articles
will either get people thinking about this issue again, or provide a
starting point for discussion when GPLv3 becomes topical again.

And I'd welcome suggestions on what people think there needs to be articles
about.  In what situtations do you read something on a blog or a mailing
list and you wish there was an article explaining the purpose or
implications of some change?

I put two articesl online recently, one about the EUCD/DMCA, and one about
why additional permissions are removable (links at end of mail).

In the next few days, I hope to write further articles on these topics:

* Explaining the harms of the Novell deal (I recently met someone who
  thought it was a good thing because his boss felt safer)

* About the length of GPLv3, and how longer can be simpler

* What's good in GPLv3 for developers (this might be delayed)

http://fsfe.org/en/fellows/ciaran/ciaran_s_free_software_notes/why_gplv3_says_additional_permissions_are_removable

http://fsfe.org/en/fellows/ciaran/ciaran_s_free_software_notes/how_gplv3_addresses_the_eucd_and_dmca

Suggestions sought.

--