Raffle update (was: Re: 3rd Fellowship Raffle to attract more Fellows)

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Thu Mar 15 16:18:56 UTC 2007

On 15-Mar-2007, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> As written yesterday: We have listened and have understood what you
> were trying to say about the raffle and were working to fix things.

Thank you for your patience, and for considering the message's
importance enough to discuss it at length here in the face of some
unbecoming behaviour.

> The message below has just gone out to all Fellows.
> The web pages have already been updated.

> Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:51:25 +0100
> From: Fellowship of FSFE <fellowship at fsfeurope.org>
>
> Dear Fellows,
> we have decided to take the following items out of the raffle
>
>    * 1 Qtopia Greenphone by Trolltech
>    * 3 Developer Discount codes for Nokia N800 Internet Tablets, by
>    Nokia
>    * 2 Free Software based routers KWGR614, by NETGEAR

I think this is the right decision. I hope that FSFE can find a way to
continue to actively promote the liberation of these proprietary
devices.

Thanks for communicating this clearly, and especially for
communicating the reasons for this action.

--
 \     "Oh, I realize it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at |
  `\      me: I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme |