OpenXML and accountability

Stefano Maffulli stef at zoomata.com
Thu Mar 15 07:34:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 17:49 +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:58, greve at fsfeurope.org said:
>
> > As a matter of fact, *no* Fellow actually got in touch with us prior
>
> I expect that the paid people at last briefly follow discussion at .
> They should have noticed that the Nokia stuff has been discussed back
> in January.

Infact, at that time in January we had already received the stuff from
Nokia and we realized we had a problem.  The solution we elaborated was
to keep the n800 available only for developers.  We chose to *trust* the
Fellows that declared to be *able* and *willing* to fix the freedom
issues.

It is clear now that not only the solution was suboptimal but also it
was communicated poorly.

I can reassure that measures are being taken to prevent this problem
from happening again next year: we are changing the process and
establish more control and double-check points along it.  If you give me
some time I promise I will publish the process publicly for comments.

Thank you
Stefano