3rd Fellowship Raffle to attract more Fellows

John Sullivan johns at fsf.org
Mon Mar 12 19:36:25 UTC 2007

Ciaran O'Riordan <ciaran at fsfe.org> writes:

> John Sullivan <johns at fsf.org> writes:
>> But the device still ships
>> with proprietary components
>
> For the PDA we raffled last year, we took delivery of it and removed the
> proprietary software before sending it to the winner.

Since it's the communications stack that's proprietary in this case, I don't
think that will work.

There is also a proprietary package manager. It looks like there is a free
software replacement for it, but the replacement is unable to modify even more
things on the phone -- at least that's what I get from reading at
linuxdevices.com; I haven't actually tried myself.

--
John Sullivan
Program Administrator        | Phone: (617)542-5942 x23