3rd Fellowship Raffle to attract more Fellows

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Mon Mar 12 19:11:29 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 14:51 -0400, John Sullivan wrote:
> To be clear, they updated their EULA in response to this. See
> <http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS4872069549.html>. But the device still ships
> with proprietary components, and is less free than the OpenMoko.

I didn't realise that; thanks - for the longest time, the version of
Qtopia it shipped with wasn't free software either (Qtopia 4 has only
been available under the GPL quite recently AIUI).

Moko also has the advantage of being designed for actual end-users, not
just people who want a prototype to develop phone software on. FSFE
could do a lot worse than dropping those guys a line to see if they
could get their hands on some hacker's lunchboxes - from what I've seen
of the project (I intend to buy one when P1 ships), they are truly
worthy of support.

Cheers,

Alex.