3rd Fellowship Raffle to attract more Fellows

Jonas Oberg oberg at fsfeurope.org
Mon Mar 12 19:00:18 UTC 2007

Matt Lee wrote:

> Ouch. Come on guys, what are you playing at?

Actually, this is news to all of us. Quite obviously, we don't want to
support nor advocate non-free software. Specifically for the N800, it
was always our intent that the recipient should be a technically
knowledgable person with a wish to help liberate the device by erasing
the proprietary software from it, and showing others how to.

I think the page that is linked from the mail would explain this, had
the URL actually worked. :-)

So we'll look into this, and if there's no way to liberate the hardware
before sending it out, we might well have to withdraw those prizes from
the raffle to avoid sending non-free software to anyone.

--
Jonas Öberg
Free Software Foundation Europe			( Join the Fellowship )