fsf europe advocacy

Stefano Maffulli stef at zoomata.com
Wed Jun 20 06:49:35 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 22:11 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> Go ahead and spread the plussy.

I totally agree: go ahead and use Plussy as you see fit.  It's actually
a very simple graphics to reproduce anyway.  You can find online two svg
files where you can get the basic forms (3 squares and two rectangles)
with the right color (well... professional designers can argue :-P)

http://fsfe.org/en/content/download/31841/197648/file/plussy-xmas.svg
http://fsfe.org/en/content/download/32898/203432/file/renassaince-plussy.svg

I don't have time to do it myself, but you can upload a svg with a basic
plussy without extras.

Playing with blender I have also made a 3D plussy character, with simple
bones to animate.  You find it here:
http://fsfe.org/en/fun/artwork/other_stuff
Take them and play with graphics as you prefer.  That part of the site
is writeable to all Fellows, so feel free to upload new content :)

> I can't see any problem with it and I
> would trust all fellows to correctly present the goals of the FS
> movement (even if they accidently call it Open Source or skip the GNU in
> the OS's name).

With emphasis on 'accidentally' :)

Cheers
stef