Mentioning the Fellowship in fsfeurope mailman footers

Paweł Madej nysander at quanteam.pl
Mon Jun 18 05:29:36 UTC 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 18 czerwca 2007 06:22, Ciaran O'Riordan napisał:
> I'm currently looking for ways to make sure supporters of FSFE or free
> software are aware of the Fellowship.  The two main ways that FSFE
> communicates with supporters are our websites and our mailing lists.
>
> So I'm working with the web teams to put "Fellowship" buttons on the
> websites, and I've suggested adding this to the end of the Mailman footer
> for the mail.fsfeurope.org lists:
>
>   "FSFE is supported by the Fellowship: http://fsfe.org"

In my opinion making whole website in fellowship buttons would be enough.
I think that this footer could be added to the discussion ML (as a most
general) but not some particular as web or translators where people support
FSFE and know what the Fellowship is.

> Some people internally pointed out that some people may see this as
> obnoxious advertising, so I'm checking here.

Maybe not an adv but I think it want give you what you think.

> P.S. If there are other ways that FSFE should be promoting the Fellowship,
> I'd be interested to here them to - just change the Subject: when replying.

Make it translated to most of the languages as I wrote on the web and
translators mailing lists.

--
Greets
Paweł Madej

Fight for freedom http://fsfeurope.org
Join the FSFE Fellowship http://fsfe.org

GnuPG KeyID: 0x0FF785FF
Fingerprint: 4698 3A4F 06FD C771 A0CF F2F3 A36A 3114 0FF7 85FF