spam (was: Re: pric 31-Jan-2007)

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 31 22:52:27 UTC 2007

On 31-Jan-2007, Matthias Kirschner wrote:
> Does anyone know if it makes sense if I add
>
> aso10.internetdsl.tpnet.pl (it was always this) to mailman's privacy

That's a treadmill that only ever gets faster. It would block that one
host, but it would mean you need to maintain that field in Mailman
from now on.

I think that rejecting messages suspected as spam is better done by
the receiving MTA, not later. That way, you've got the calling party
on the line (so to speak) and you don't need to make a "generate a new
message or drop this one on the floor" decision, you just reject it to
the SMTP client.

--
 \        "If you go parachuting, and your parachute doesn't open, and |
  `\        you friends are all watching you fall, I think a funny gag |