Nokia's Maemo: A Free Software Platform?

Yavor Doganov yavor at doganov.org
Fri Feb 2 06:41:15 UTC 2007

Frank Heckenbach wrote:

> I'm confused. You said RMS may be the only one who considers GNOME a
> GNU project. OTOH, RMS is known to be very strict about copyright
> assignments etc. How does that fit? And I don't suppose RMS wrote
> the gnome.org web site that says so, either ...

Copyright assignments are not required for all GNU projects, as Alfred
explained.  See for example GNU Freetalk and a lot of others.  And no,
RMS is not the only one that considers GNOME a GNU project (although
many GNOME contributors don't share our philosophy -- but that's not a
requirement for a GNU maintainer either).