Opera EU complaint against Microsoft: Groklaw interviews

Sean DALY sean.daly at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 20 21:54:33 UTC 2007

I have interviewed the CEO & CTO of Opera for Groklaw, as well as Thomas Vinje of ECIS representing them in Brussels.

Although Opera is not a libre software company, their efforts to promote standards and a level playing field for competition are commendable in my view. They have also expressed concerns about patent licensing issues. If their complaint is upheld by the EC DG-Comp, I believe free software will benefit.

Sean