GNU FDL changes

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Tue Dec 4 22:59:30 UTC 2007

   >    [...] You can't reuse an article safely without attaching the
   >    entire GFDL. [...]
   > That applies to all copyright licenses, the GPL included.

   It doesn't apply to CC-by-sa.

Indeed it does.  It is the whole point of a license, you cannot know
the license terms if you cannot see the license.

|      * For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the
|        license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link
|        to this web page.

   Attaching the entire GFDL 1.2 text is not meaningfully "free" for
   photos or single-page texts. And how do you reasonably implement it
   for a motion picture.

This would fall under fair use.  But I fail to see what a motion
picture has to do with this, if you use a copyrighted work, you have
to note that, and its license.