A proposal to facilitate users getting what they want from freesoftware.

Xavier Antoviaque xavier at flouzo.net
Tue Dec 4 15:08:51 UTC 2007

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 07:31:53 +0100
David Picón Álvarez <eleuteri at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Interesting. The idea is quite similar, except in the difference of
> using donations or a contract as such. Personally I think it would be
> great if free software authors could work under contract from users,
> not depending on their good will for donations. After all they're
> creating value and, IMO, they deserved to be compensated, if it can
> only be arranged.

Agreed; that's something I like about FUDS, it goes further down that
road and addresses specifically the revenue issue of Free Software
developers. That is one of the things which makes me think FUDS and
Flouzo and complementary projects, not competing ones.

> I've written the proposal and talked it over with a few people, but I
> don't know what steps I could take to make this crystalize into
> reality. I think there needs to be enough interest to try to launch
> something like that, which would require a certain amount of
> commitment and effort from a few people to make it viable. So, for
> the time being I am waiting to see if there are people who are
> interested in making the proposal reality, or not.

Maybe we could setup a meeting (RL or IRC), open to all parties
interested in helping/contributing/etc., to see where we stand and what
can be done?

--
Xavier.