GNU FDL changes

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Sun Dec 2 20:53:33 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 16:09 +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> > | And so this is not, as some people speculated on Facebook, my 50th
> > | birthday party, this is the party to celebrate the libration of
> > | Wikipedia.
>
> I find this sentence quite objectionable, as if the GFDL shackles Wikipedia.

"Shackles" is possibly the wrong word, but certainly Wikipedia had
problems with the GFDL from the beginning, viz.:
	http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2002-June/002336.html

I'm personally not against the GFDL, but I think its use at Wikipedia
was misguided at best. It doesn't do that great outside the narrow
"manual" focus.

Cheers,

Alex.