stupid.domain.name - MS buys Swedish ISO vote?

Stefano Maffulli stef at zoomata.com
Thu Aug 30 07:15:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 03:26 +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Not sure whether fsfe.org has this already, as I can't connect.
> This site accuses Microsoft of sock-puppetry in the Swedish standards
> body in two posts:
> http://stupid.domain.name/node/382
> http://stupid.domain.name/node/385
>
> Is this for real?

Yes, and the same happened in Italy. In Italy the community started
coordinating the opposition at JTC1 since last year, leading to a good
vote (abstention).  As reported by Carlo Piana "strange things happened"
there too, but we were prepared for the fight (quoting Carlo's message:

        to oppose this situation there has been a certain number of
        companies of the Free Software (AKA open source) world, but not
        only, and various associations like MiLUG, LUGBZ and LUGTS
        (Linux User Groups), but also TIS and Assoli.

The vote in Italy has taken place, the qualified majority to approve
OOXML was not reached. More on http://www.piana.eu/?q=en/node/33

Cheers
stef