FSFE ignoring OOXML?

Michael Kallas mkallas at schokokeks.org
Thu Apr 26 09:10:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

Alex Hudson schrieb:
> Yes, they are pushing to standardise their XML format. I just simply
> don't believe it does much to help their monopoly. In the world of
> office suites, their monopoly is basically total at this point: you
> can't really improve on 100%.

Yes and Microsoft fears losing here because there are organizations
caring about using proper standards, in short about being able to retrieve
data in, say, 20 years.

> Personally, I'm not in favour of OXML being standardised at ISO, but I'm
> willing to give Microsoft credit for properly standardising it so far.

Sorry, but a format that allows non-documented binary blobs to be
interpreted is something I would not consider a standard.

Best wishes
Michael
--
Nobody can save your freedom but YOU -