gpg keyring

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 16 08:55:54 UTC 2007

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 01:57, mjr at phonecoop.coop said:

> Seems horrible to me!  GPA may have that, but not everyone uses GTK.

I don't understand what you are saying.  I took this list from the GPA
sources just because I know that this list is not too much outdated.

> If wwwkeys.pgp.net and so many other keyservers are buggy, why hasn't
> subkeys.pgp.net replaced it and why doesn't GPG default to something

I can't tell you why people still insist on pgp.mit.edu.  Since the
keyserver admin's come together back in 2000 we are telling everyone
that the old HKS has severe problems and we need to work on better
keyserver software.  Shortly after this subkeys has been introduced to
list the newer or at least patched-to-be-not-that-broken keyservers.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner