Not Any Browser (was: Kernel developers' position on GPLv3)

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Fri Sep 29 01:46:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 05:21:19AM +0200, Frank Heckenbach wrote:
> BTW, http://gplv3.fsf.org/comments/email.html says: "The GPLv3
> comment system is actively being developed, and its browser
> compatibility is currently limited." So this means, according to the
> usual meaning of "currently", that the issue will be resolved, does
> it? I just wonder if this is going to happen before the end of the
> process (seeing that it's been at least several months now since the
> issue was first brought up), otherwise it would be of no value.

This page is out of date.

> I've looked at the comment system, using The Supported Browser(tm),

For the record, I've tested:

  Firefox
  Konqueror
  Safari (on OS X)

All of these browsers work.

I think that IE also works, but I don't have a way to test that. If someone
does, feel free :)

Admittedly, what's missing on the GPLv3 site is a short 'about' page for the
comments system that states which browsers work and which do not. That page
should be linked to from the 'e-mail' page. That link should replace that
cryptic 'browser compatibility is currently limited' line.

I'll follow up on that to make it happen.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>