Not Any Browser (was: Kernel developers' position on GPLv3)

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Sep 28 12:37:27 UTC 2006

Alfred M. Szmidt <ams at gnu.org> wrote:
> You are free to modify the supported browser into something that fits
> your needs, so that your favourite browser works with the commenting
> process.  Would you like to do that?

Yes!  However, it seems it is only possible through tedious study of the
undocumented source code of the commenting system.  Today, the
commenting system does not work with all Firefox-like browsers.  There
seems to be particular requirements made upon them which I have not yet
discovered.

> [...] Ututo-e for
> example contains a Firefox, you don't need to compile that your self.

Is it an official build (= may be called Firefox without fear of
mozilla.com chasing you), if it doesn't include the bug-reporting
tool you mentioned?

Also, Ututo-e has included non-free-software in the past and seem not
to publish anything like debian's bug tracker to see what the current
situation is.  I would not rely on them as a certification yet.

Hope that explains,
--
MJ Ray - see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Somerset, England. Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/