Kernel developers' position on GPLv3

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Wed Sep 27 10:44:13 UTC 2006

   > You say that simply because you cannot use it how _you_ want, the
   > whole system must be junked, you could simply install a
   > webbrowser and use the system, or a PDF viewer, all of this is
   > free software and not very hard to do.  PDF viewers and web
   > browsers are the most basic tools these days.
   >
   > Maybe if you paid the people who made the whole GPLv3 commenting
   > infrastructure you might get what you want, but until then, they
   > are going to work on something the majority of people can use
   > easily, and they have done a wonderful job achiving that IMHO.

   This is why you should not have kept out of politics.

   The participation mechanism acts as a pre-selector of
   participants. How are we to know how many would-be participants are
   excluded and silent because the participation mechanism excluded
   them.

Nobody has excluded MJ, he is quite free to add such a feature him
self, or pay someone to do it.

The rest of your post I simply do not understand.