The fellowship meeting in Italy

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Wed Sep 27 07:06:42 UTC 2006

On 27-Sep-2006, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 17:55 +0100, Shane M. Coughlan wrote:
> > Given that everyone is taking about why Free Software (and our new
> > license) is a good idea...perhaps it's worth bringing up the
> > fellowship conference that is going to happen shortly in Italy!
>
> Yep, talking about Free Software is what we all like to do :)  But
> there is a strong need to talk to others that never heard of 'free
> software' except from spam messages.

Won't people instead be talking about "software libero"? Do Italians
really see a lot of spam mentioning that?

The whole "free software" money-and-freedom problem is special to
English only. The FSF recommends that speakers of other languages use
the more precise term available in their own language.

    <URL:http://www.fsf.org/licensing/essays/fs-translations.html>

--
 \          "If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."  -- |
  `\                                                     George Carlin |