Kernel developers' position on GPLv3

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Sep 26 17:06:15 UTC 2006

ams at gnu.org wrote: [...]
> I do not know if MJ is honest or not since I have never meet him, I do
> know that he spreads much FUD about the GPL, GFDL, GPLv3 commenting
> process, etc here.  [...]

You know no such thing.  I ask that you cease and desist from posting
this type of personal attack on this list.

I believe the FSF should not promote non-free-software licences like
FDL, but I accept we will never all agree about that - it's a belief,
not FUD.  The GPLv3 comment system is not anybrowser-accessible and
that's not FUD either - it says as much on the site.

Finally, I have never spread FUD about the GPL.  Much of my work is
under GPL - I'd not spread FUD about a licence I use a lot.

Hoping this is an end to it,
--
MJ Ray - see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Somerset, England. Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/