Kernel developers' position on GPLv3

Ottavio Caruso pr0f3ss0r1492 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 14:24:46 UTC 2006

--- Simon Morris <sm at beerandspeech.org> wrote:

> Oh, you are talking about Shanes talk at GLLUG? I
> wish you had been
> more specific about your reference before.

Shane and Simon,

thank you for intervening and thank you for taking me
out of the pain of quoting people myself.
It is good that some sentences have been quoted
because the perception of what you say, regardless of
the validity of the content, do matter when it deals
with 'evangelism'.

I apologize to all the subscribers of this list for
accepting ams' personal provocations. I should not
have, having already witnessed his erratic rants
against honest people involved with honest projects
(one example: MJ Ray).

But the fact remains that ams is a known member of the
FSF and many in the FSF have the same attitude. That
leaves me the option of either ignoring or ranting
back.

I will choose the first option, and I would like to
thank many of you which I'll probably meet somewhere
else and with which I'd like to maintain a frank and
friendly relationship.

Ottavio