Ree: Kernel developers' position on GPLv3

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Sun Sep 24 12:53:02 UTC 2006

   > Their moto (sic!), inspired by their leader, is "Ideology sucks".

   But ideology really sucks!

... is what people who do not care about freedom say.  People who
fought have for different rights over the course of history have been
called all kind of names.

   I don't want to be told what freedom is, I'm old and mature enough
   to know it already.

Just because you are old and mature enough, doesn't automatically mean
that you know what it means.  Older and more mature people than you
have tried to get through injust laws that diminish our freedoms, and
it happens each day.

   An active participant to this mailing list and representative of
   the FSFE once said the FSF is full of nutcases.

I seriously doubt that any representative of the FSFE ever said
anything like that.

Cheers