RSS aggregator for fsfe.org (was Re: question about software patents (sandisk/sisvel))

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Sep 12 22:09:24 UTC 2006

Alfred M. Szmidt <ams at ...> wrote:
>    1. No support for FSF*'s non-free-software actions (FDL and so on)
>
> The GFDL has nothing to do with software, there is nothing non-free
> software related with it, nor has it much to do with software.  It is
> a decent free _documentation_ license.

So, the Free *Software* Foundation should not be promoting it, if it has
nothing to do with software or free software.  I don't much mind which
way you want to argue it, but the FSF should not promote the FDL.

I also disagree that it is a free documentation licence.  Documentation
with unnecessary uneditable adverts/propaganda which cannot be removed
are not free in most senses, and an immoral waste of paper when printed.

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray - see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
North End, Lynn, Norfolk, England