RSS aggregator for fsfe.org (was Re: question about software patents (sandisk/sisvel))

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Tue Sep 12 13:39:46 UTC 2006

MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> writes:
> Ciaran O'Riordan <ciaran at fsfe.org> wrote:
> > For everyone, the current discussion is here:
> > http://fsfe.org/en/forums/fellowship_smoothers/wishlist_a_blogs_portal
>
> Unfortunately, not everyone can post there, can they?

Only subscribers to the Fellowship.

(The annual fee is not high, so I don't think this is overly restrictive.)

> I think planet's algorithm is broken

An idea I had for a better algorithm is to make use of the tags (with a
policy and maybe a namespace), or add some "category" tick boxes when
writing a blog entry, and then set up a planet-ish thing where readers could
choose to only see posts which have certain tags.

...but I'm happy to leave these details in the planning stage until we have
a basic aggregator first.

> which I'll implement in eZ if someone who knows it is willing to work
> with me.  ( Or someone else can, if you prefer. ;-)

I think Stef has organised an eZ hacking team, but I'll mention this to him.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by