question about software patents (sandisk/sisvel)

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Sep 4 23:18:43 UTC 2006

One English report at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5312696.stm

> - Is this one of the "epa gives sw-patents although they're not allowed"-case?
> Then, why don't companies like sandisk take legal actions against the patent?
> - Is this in someway not considered "software"?
> - What else is going on there?

Of course mathematical discoveries like MP3 should not get patent
protection, but AIUI from recent Debian threads, Germany is about as
software-patent-happy as UK and US.

Reform the patent system!  End these long-life protectionist trolls!
--
MJ Ray - see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
North End, Lynn, Norfolk, England