Savannah code hosting (was: Google Code Hosting)

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Fri Oct 27 23:49:21 UTC 2006

On 27-Oct-2006, MJ Ray wrote:
> I'd avoid Savannah and GNA for now, unless you know you are happy
> with their policies (such as required early adoption of FDL, or
> HTTPS-only).

I recall, but don't know a reference to, an occurence of projects
being rejected by Savannah for licensing the work as "GPL version 2".
Apparently the project was rejected because they didn't have "or
later" in the license grant.

Is there any truth to this? Does Savannah have such a policy, or such
a history of rejecting projects on this criterion? Anyone got any
references to this? (IOW, I want facts, not FUD.)

--
 \         "Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the |
  `\               occurrence of the improbable."  -- Henry L. Mencken |