Google Code Hosting

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Oct 27 13:19:06 UTC 2006

Sam Liddicott <sam at liddicott.com> wrote: [...]
> Whether or not it "being no different than the requirement for the GPL
> or a GPL compatable license when it comes to software" is a material
> concern is a personal matter. [...]

FWIW, it's clearly different: the GPL can be used for manuals, but is
not an FDL-compatible licence, because it does not allow addition of
unremovable adverts and the other FDL problems.  So, requiring
FDL-compatibility means requiring something less sharing-protective for
the manuals than the GPL.  :-/

I'll leave it with http://mjr.towers.org.uk/blog/2006/fdl#general
I can't find my Savannah-FDL links just now.

Hope that explains,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble