Google Code Hosting

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Fri Oct 27 12:28:22 UTC 2006

* Gareth Bowker wrote, On 27/10/06 13:02:
> On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 13:56 +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>
>>    Also, I'd avoid Savannah and GNA for now, unless you know you are
>>    happy with their policies (such as required early adoption of FDL,
>>    or HTTPS-only).
>>
>> Which are perfectly fine.  Please refrain from spreading FUD.  The
>> requirement for FDL wrt documentation is no different than the
>> requirement for the GPL or a GPL compatible license when it comes to
>> software.
>>

> PLEASE let's not start this discussion again. It's been done to death.

It's a new discussion.

The old one was whether or not FDL or GPL was best for documentation and
whether or not people should be allowed to choose. We don't want that
discussion again EVER.

The new discussion is on whether or not it is fair to point out the
existence of the FDL requirement to people who want Savannah and GNA
hosting.

I think it will be brief, I don't intend to draw it out.

Sam