Google Code Hosting

Patrick Ohnewein patrick.ohnewein at lugbz.org
Fri Oct 27 09:10:50 UTC 2006

Here in South Tyrol we created a local "sourceforge" using the gforge
project code base.

http://dev.cocos.bz

http://gforge.org/

It's meant to give a place for mainly local developed projects. It has
the following advantages:

- SouceForge.net is often slow, because of its exponential increasing
project number (~150.000)

- Having a place with local projects shows that local enterprises and
the PA are active developers of free software

Disadvantage for the projects. A local server has not the visibility as
sourceforge.

The installation of gforge is not a simple task, we are now migrating to
a new server and it is not just a matter of "apt-get install gforge"...

My tip, if it is possible, don't do it alone, it's a lot of work!

Happy hacking!
Patrick

--
Save software competition use Free Software like GNU/Linux
See you at the SFScon2006 http://www.SFScon.it