licensing question for a C++ template library

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Sun Oct 22 22:48:35 UTC 2006

On 22-Oct-2006, simo wrote:
> I also changed BSD to X11 which is equivalent but without the
> Advertising clause so that there is no ambiguity

Unfortunately this doesn't help avoid ambiguity. X11 has been released
under several different licenses, not all of them free.

The best course, if you want to avoid ambiguity, is to avoid talking
about the terms of "the X11 license" (since there is no one such
license), and instead talk about the terms of the Expat license:

    <URL:http://www.jclark.com/xml/copying.txt>

--
 \         "Truth would quickly cease to become stranger than fiction, |
  `\                  once we got as used to it."  -- Henry L. Mencken |