RMS, previously, on Sun freeing java

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Nov 27 21:16:48 UTC 2006

MJ Ray <mjr at ...> writes:

> Thanks for the success reports about the Ogg video from
> http://www.sun.com/software/opensource/java/
> So, I upgraded libtheora and mplayer and then it seemed to work,
> but I didn't post because I hadn't watched a whole film (time!).
>
> Today I get animated green snow and the following new line has
> appeared in mplayer's output:
> [theora  <at>  0x85fd54c]Missing extradata!
>
> Has anything changed or is it me again?  (That'll teach me to download
> videos when they work, even for watching later.)
>
> Thanks in advance again,

I used vlc to test the oggs post encoding, and that worked out OK. I hope using
vlc will work for you as well.

It turned out to be a bit non-trivial[1] to encode the webcast from my raw
material to oggs, that's what caused the delay for the oggs to appear.

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] http://robilad.livejournal.com/2750.html