[johns at fsf.org: Universities requiring you to use proprietary software for wireless?]

Alberto Simões albie at alfarrabio.di.uminho.pt
Thu Nov 23 22:24:29 UTC 2006

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:

> That also happens on e-U programmes here in Portugal.
>
> Funnily enough, it's way simpler and less troublesome to use the fully
> free vpnc package than Ciz-co-e's crap-filled binary drivers.

In fact you do not need the cisco client in Portugal. Just configure it
as 802.1x connection.

Cheers
Alberto

--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                  Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal

"Beware of bugs in the above code;
  I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
                                    --- Donald Knuth