[johns at fsf.org: Universities requiring you to use proprietary software for wireless?]

Michael Groß mgross at junetz.de
Tue Nov 21 10:34:39 UTC 2006

The Universitiy of Frankfurt/Main not only wants you to use non-free
software
(Nortel), you also have to pay for it if you are non-windows user (130
Euros afaik), windows licences, however, are free for students and staff.
There is also a wpa encrypted network, however it is not working everywhere
(no access via wpa in the libraries!) and support is only granted for AIX
and Redhat; the computer centre actually refused to help me set it up on my
linux laptop!

Michael