RMS, previously, on Sun freeing java

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Mon Nov 20 19:01:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 18:46 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Today I get animated green snow and the following new line has
> appeared in mplayer's output:
> [theora @ 0x85fd54c]Missing extradata!
>
> Has anything changed or is it me again?  (That'll teach me to download
> videos when they work, even for watching later.)

I think it's you, I'm afraid :) The files appear to be the same (at
least, they still work for me).

Well, not exactly - I get exactly the same message, modulo memory
address, but it doesn't appear to affect the amount of success I receive
from mplayer.

I would try mplayer -vc theora stallman3.ogg (etc.) and see if that
makes a difference?

Cheers,

Alex.