RMS, previously, on Sun freeing java

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Mon Nov 13 20:43:18 UTC 2006

On 13-Nov-2006, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> Ben Finney <ben at benfinney.id.au> writes:
> > There was a time when RMS would press to ensure that his
> > interviews only be available if the be available in patent-free
> > codecs, like Ogg Vorbis and Ogg Theora. I was half expecting that
> > to be the case here, but apparently not :-(
>
> This also surprised me, but this is the only time I've seen him
> break that policy.  It could have been an accident, carelessness, a
> misunderstanding, or any number of things.
>
> For all we know, he could fuming mad about this.

Sure, but we only know what we can see. That's why I said
"apparently".

Alfred Schmidt says (in a followup rudely copied to me *and* the list,
despite my continued requests otherwise) that I'm making "baseless
accusations". Is that what you think I've done? I wasn't meaning to do
anything but describe observable fact.

--
 \        "Laurie got offended that I used the word 'puke.' But to me, |
  `\              that's what her dinner tasted like."  -- Jack Handey |