Adobe make Flash scripting Free Software with Mozilla Foundation

strk strk at keybit.net
Thu Nov 9 22:37:29 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 01:01:33PM +0000, Alex Hudson wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 12:46 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:

> > Are Adobe and Mozilla helping or hurting other free software players?

Adobe is hurting free software players in that does not yet
provide an official interpretation of their EULA. What free software
players developers need to know basically is: will Adobe sue us for
*using* their player or generator tools for debugging our free software
player ?

Mozilla is hurting free software players in that does not provide
gnash with it's plugin finder service.

> So, I would say Adrian is probably worrying about nothing - the code is
> GPL'd (as an option).

The whole idea beyond GPL is to be *tainting*.
If it is *one* of *three* options, it will never taint anything.
Adobe, or whoever else, will still be able to include in
non-free applications.

--strk;