Internet Governance Forum launched in Athens

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Nov 8 12:47:09 UTC 2006

Georg Greve's mugshot was smiling out from
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-love/the-un-launches-the-inter_b_33498.html
about the launch of the Internet Governance Forum, so I headed over to
http://www.fsfe.org/en/fellows/greve/freedom_bits/internet_governance_forum_open_standards_a2k_and_conclusions
and from there to http://www.intgovforum.org/ through a couple of links
(please stop setting target="_blank" on FSFE sites - if I want a new
window, I'll open one.)

I find it rather hard to read the low-contrast (=>WCAG-AAA-failing)
www.intgovforum.org, so I override stylesheets and may be missing some
detail, but I get the impression that it's the "big bad" businesses that
dominate topics of main common interest to FSFE supporters - Google,
Sun, Microsoft, ... - and friendly businesses are few and far between.
Is that accurate?

In short, will IGF fare better than WSIS?

I'm asking some questions about representation and access directly, but
if anyone knows a "getting involved in IGF" link, please post it.

Thanks for reading this ramble,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble