gNewSense 1.0 - a binary blobless free software GNU/Linux - seeks help too

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Nov 3 08:49:06 UTC 2006

"Andreas K. Foerster" <list at AKFoerster.de>
> As far as I can remember there were plans to make a "GNUbuntu"...

Why invite potential trademark problems?  Why advertise Ubuntu if
it's not good enough?

It's great to see a FSF-approved debian-based distribution.  Hopefully
they will be good at cooperating with debian.  Now I'm back on DSL,
I'm downloading to take a look, so I'll send CDs at cost to anyone who
wants them ASAP - mail me off-list if you want or know someone who
wants them (but I guess most people here have their own high-speed and
burners).

Drawbacks I see so far are Firefox, being not-yet-all-free-software
(although they are honest about that, which is good) and
bugs.gnewsense.org says I must be logged in to report a bug, even
after I complete the login page.  A login-required bug tracker is a
silly idea anyway IMO.  Overall, seems a good start.  Please, if
anyone is further in testing this, post/link reviews from this thread.

Thanks,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble